Procedure for the inclusion Of Works In the archives of the Authentic Works of Marino Marini
The Marino Marini Foundation deals with the archiving of those of the Maestro’s works judged authentic by the Scientific Committee, applying the following procedure:
The owner – or their delegate/representative – of a work assumed to be attributable to Marino Marini and that is not, to the owner’s knowledge, already archived in the Archives of the authentic works of the Marino Marini Foundation can request the start of the archiving procedure, filling in the appropriate form and sending the required documentation to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
The Foundation will examine the data and documents received and, following the results of the analysis of the aforementioned documentation, will contact the owner of the work in order to submit it for examination by the Foundation’s pro tempore Scientific Committee during one of the Committee’s sessions.
On the date of convocation, the owner of the work or their delegate must deliver to the Foundation:
1. The work to be examined;
2. A copy of the receipt (CRO) for a bank transfer made as a fixed contribution of Euro 250.00 plus legal fees, to be made to:
Recipient: Fondazione Marino Marini
Banca Popolare di Sondrio
BIC/SWIFT code: POSOIT22XXX
The payment, attributable to the expenses for the operation of the Scientific Committee, will in no case be reimbursable; however, in the event of a successful outcome of the investigation, the amount already paid will be counted as a deposit on the service provided by the Foundation;
3. The application form – completed and signed in its entirety on the original form – for acceptance of this procedure and the contractual conditions governed by it, for the purpose of including the work presented in the Archives of the authentic works of Marino Marini maintained by the Marino Marini Foundation;
4. 4 photos of the work measuring 24×18 cm;
If the direct examination of the work yields a positive result on the attribution of the same to Marino Marini, the owner or his delegate will be notified by email and at the same time the certificate certifying the inclusion in the Archives of Marino Marini’s authentic works will be issued;
If the direct examination of the work yields a negative result about the attribution of the same to Marino Marini, the rejection of the application for inclusion of the work in the Archives will be communicated by email, together with a brief statement of the reasons on which the decision was based;
In order to issue the certificate certifying the inclusion of the work in the Archives of Marino Marini’s authentic works, the applicant will be preliminarily and mandatorily required to pay the fee due, quantified according to the attached Table in Annex A.
If the person concerned receiving the certificate certifying the inclusion of the work in the Archives of Marino Marini’s authentic works is in arrears with the Foundation for previous investigations, the certificate will not be issued until the balance of the previous debit positions is cleared;
The works examined by the Scientific Committee must be collected by the owner or their delegate immediately after the Committee’s session;
If the work is not collected, the Foundation will take it into custody without assuming responsibility thereof and charge the owner the relevant costs.
The Scientific Committee of the Foundation specifies that:
- reproductions on paper (etchings and lithographs) will not be examined as they cannot be included in the Archives of Marino Marini’s authentic works;
- the owners of works accompanied by certificates of authenticity signed by Ms Marina Marini – which do not have a catalogue number in the Archives kept by the Foundation – may request their inclusion in the Archives of Marino Marini’s authentic works, following the procedures indicated above;
- any possibility of issuing duplicates/copies of certifications already issued for works included in the Archives of Marino Marini’s authentic works and lost/damaged is excluded. The interested parties must, therefore, submit the work again for examination by the Scientific Committee, in accordance with the procedures indicated above;
- no evaluations of works will be carried out, since the Scientific Committee of the Foundation is solely responsible for the activity aimed at issuing the certification of inclusion in the Archives of Marino Marini’s authentic works; therefore, no other request of a different nature will be considered.